Every Seller has their returns policies. We have established certain returns standards to ensure a consistent customer experience.
You can return an item:
If you change your mind about a purchase and decide to return it. Most sellers accept returns.
All sellers who accept returns must grant you a period of at least 14 calendar days to inform them that you want to make a return. Many vendors offer longer terms.
To check if a seller accepts returns, see the Return Policy section on the product page. If it is not described there, perhaps the seller has detailed it in the product description. If not, we suggest you write to the seller from the link "Contact the seller", located on the product page. In the case of an item that you have already purchased, just go to Order history and click on the item.
Who pays the return costs?
If the item is very different from its description, the seller is responsible for the return costs. If the buyer changes his mind regarding a purchase and wishes to return the item, depending on the seller's return policy, he may have to bear the cost of return. The seller can provide the buyer a return address and additional shipping information for the return of the item in Order history.
If you wish to return an item and the seller is responsible for the return costs, you must contact him to agree on both the service and the shipping costs before returning the item.
The seller has to pay the return costs before the buyer returns the item. After the seller has paid the return costs, the buyer has to send the item and provide the tracking information. If you do not send tracking information, you will not be able to prove that you have made the shipment, in case of any event. Once the item is returned, the seller will notify Surgicat of his decision to make the refund to the buyer. If the buyer decides to return the item before the seller has paid the return costs, we cannot force the seller to pay them.
If there is a problem with the purchase, you will be protected by this return policy as long as you have paid with any of the methods offered by the Surgicat platform, described in Payment Methods.
To return an item you must do the following:
1. Search for the item in your Purchase History in My Account.
2. Select this article and click on Return. Write a brief description about the cause of the return. You can include photos to document the status of the item you have purchased and received.
3. Depending on the item you purchased, you can be referred to the Surgicat return system or we will ask you to contact the seller. As determined by the seller's return policy, we may ask you to wait for the seller to indicate the next steps for the return, for example, in cases where the item is too large or heavy or if you are going to return an item to a seller that is in another country. The seller can also provide you with their own return label.
4. Pack the item carefully. Include the package label, glue it carefully to the package and send it to the seller. You must return the item (in the same condition it was when you received it) within 8 working days after the return request. It is recommended that you include tracking information when returning an item.
5. If the seller has provided you with their own label (for example, if the label was included in the original package), you can track the status of the item returned in Merchandise returns, in My Account. Find the returned item and press the item code (Ex. # RE123456).
6. If you do not receive a label from the seller:
• You can contact us in Support (bottom of website), make reference to your order and in the message section write the return code that was generated by the system. We will send you an email with a link, which will take you to the payment of the label. Once the label is paid, you will receive an email with a printable version of the shipping label (this may take a few minutes). Send the item and update the return process in your account.
• If you return the item using an alternative shipping method, be sure to include the shipping code to allow Surgicat to verify the shipping status if necessary.
7. Once the seller has received the package, you will be reimbursed within 5 business days. If you have any problem, we will intervene to help solve it.
Contact the seller
1. Follow the instructions to contact the seller through My account.
2. The seller will confirm the process you must follow for the return.
Some vendors offer the option of requesting a replacement item. If this option is available, the seller will indicate it in their return policy. You can request a replacement item if:
• The seller offers the option to request a replacement item.
• You will return the original item and want exactly the same item as a replacement.
• Your article is very different from its description (eg, it has a damaged part or is defective in some way).
To request a replacement item, you just have to contact the seller through My account. This will inform you if a replacement item is available. Once this solution has been approved, make sure you send the original item back to the seller within 10 working days after the return request.
Right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal allows the consumer to refuse the purchase of the good or the provision of the service once the transaction is completed.
You have a period of 14 calendar days to withdraw from a distant contract or negotiated outside a commercial establishment without having to provide any reason.
As long as the professional seller has fulfilled its information and documentation obligations, the withdrawal period ends after 14 calendar days from the day of the conclusion of the contract in the case of service contracts. If it is a sales contract, that period ends from the day you or a third party (other than the carrier and designated by the consumer) acquire the physical good.
If the professional seller does not provide you with information about your right of withdrawal, this period ends 12 months after the end of the initial withdrawal period. If the professional seller gives you the information about your right of withdrawal within 12 months of the end of the contract or of the acquisition of the physical good, the period of withdrawal ends after 10 days from the day you received the information about this right .
You can ask us for help.
Generally returns and refunds run smoothly, but if a seller does not make a refund, you can ask us for help. The terms may vary depending on the return method specified by the seller. Although we indicate the correct deadlines in the specific return request in My Account, you can use the following as a reference:
• You can ask us for help if the seller does not make a refund within 5 working days from the receipt of the returned item or within 7 working days from the expected delivery date of the returned item if no tracking information is used.
• If the seller does not respond to your return request, you can ask us for help after 3 business days after submitting the request.
If 5 working days have passed since the delivery of the returned item to the seller and he has not made the refund, you can ask for help. Important: if you have sent the item after the deadline of 14 calendar days to do so, we will not ask the seller to make a refund.
Depending on the type of ad, you have an opportunity to return one or more items of each transaction. In the case of ads for lots or packages of items, you only have the option of returning all items for sale. For example, if you buy a five-piece kit that includes an article A, an article B, an article C, an article D and an article E, you have the option of returning the complete five-piece kit. You cannot return only a few pieces of the kit, for example, only item B and item E. (To return only one item from a set or kit, contact the seller). In the case of multi-item ads, you have an opportunity to return the purchased items you want. For example, if you buy forceps and in the ad you select a quantity of five, you can return one of the forceps, but you only have one chance to do so. For example, if you return two of the forceps, you cannot return the other three later. In the case of items corresponding to several ads from the same seller, you have an opportunity to return each item individually. For example, if you buy four scissors from a seller, who has sold each of them individually, but you have paid all four scissors at the same time through the Surgicat Payment process, you must return each scissor individually. Contact the seller directly from the start.
Improper use of the return process or the Surgicat Customer Guarantee
If we detect that you have abused the return process in Surgicat, we may take action on your account, including the limitation of purchase and sale privileges and the suspension of the account. Examples:
• Unclear or inaccurate reason for the return.
• Excessive number of return requests.
• Disregard for the necessary conditions for returns.